CRANBURY, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cannabis Science and Technology® a multimedia platform that focuses on educating the legal cannabis industry about the science and technology of analytical testing, quality control, extraction and cultivation, is excited to announce the lineup of speakers for its first Hemp Science & Technology Virtual Symposium.
“Is that My Sample? Understanding the Effects of Growing Conditions on Targeted Cannabis Compounds and Representative Sampling.”
Organized by program chair Brian C. Smith, Ph.D., founder, CEO and chief technical officer of Big Sur Scientific, the symposium will feature talks from the following speakers:
- Patricia Atkins, SPEX CertiPrep, “Is that My Sample? Understanding the Effects of Growing Conditions on Targeted Cannabis Compounds and Representative Sampling.”
- Paul Lessard, Ph.D., Varin Science, “Principles and Best Practices for Hemp Extraction.”
- John MacKay, Ph.D., Synergistics Associates, “How Solvent Choice Affects Extract Composition.”
- Larry Smart, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, “The Connection Between Hemp Genetics and Hemp Grows.”
- Brian C. Smith, Ph.D., “The Importance of In-House Testing for Hemp Businesses.”
- Sharen Stamp, Big Sur Scientific, “How Healthy Soils Make Healthy Plants.”
- Jason Strull, MS, 374 Labs, “The Importance of Heavy Metals Testing.”
- Matt Weschler, Peak City CBD, “How In-House Testing Helps Extraction Businesses.”
- Josh Wurzer, SC Laboratories, “Overcoming Challenges in Pesticide Testing of Hemp.”
The two-day virtual symposium will take place Oct. 28-29, 2020 and is free to attend. The talks will be organized into three sessions:
- Session 1: New Developments in Hemp Testing, Oct. 28, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. EDT.
- Session 2: Optimizing Hemp Extractions, Oct. 28, 1-3 p.m. EDT.
- Session 3: Overcoming Hemp Growing Challenges, Oct. 29, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
The end of each session will feature a panel discussion with all of the speakers.
“We’re thrilled to bring together this group of hemp thought leaders to share their knowledge and educate the community,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president and CEO of MJH Life Sciences™, parent company of Cannabis Science and Technology®. “Our first Hemp Science & Technology Virtual Symposium is designed to help cultivators, extractors and scientists learn how to improve their work and create a safer product for the consumer.”
“As program chair this event, I am excited to announce we have three sessions featuring experts and thought leaders in hemp testing, extraction, and growing,” Smith said. “Each session will consist of three 30-minute talks followed by a roundtable where attendees can interact directly with the speakers. Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your knowledge, improve your business, and advance your career.”
For more information and to register, click here.
About Cannabis Science and Technology®
Cannabis Science and Technology® is a multimedia platform that focuses on educating the legal cannabis industry about the science and technology of analytical testing, quality control, extraction and cultivation. The magazine is accompanied by an online component and provides relevant information and tutorials for all members of the cannabis industry. Cannabis Science and Technology® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in North America dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.