Authorities said the six patients may have been exposed to or ingested an unknown substance that made them ill.
LOS ANGELES, CA — Paramedics were called to a middle school in Palms Tuesday morning when a half-dozen students were sicked with fellow students saying they ingested marijuana edibles.
Paramedics were called to Palms Middle School 10860 W. Woodbine St. about 10:10 a.m., the Los Angeles Fire Department reported. The six suffered a “mild illness” and may have inhaled or ingested an unknown substance, according to officials. All six were taken to hospitals for examination, the LAFD reported.
Fire Department officials did not identify the age or gender of the patients.
However, two students told NBC4 at the scene that the patients were all female students in seventh and eighth grades, and all had ingested marijuana gummy edibles inside a girls’ bathroom.
“They couldn’t walk straight,” one student told the station. “One of them started rolling on the ground. Another started spinning around. So they were pretty messed up.”
It was not immediately known how the girls obtained the edibles.
City News Service contributed to this report.
Published: March 26, 2019
Founder & Interim Editor of L.A. Cannabis News