CANNABIS-INFUSED STILLHOUSE BLACK BOURBON
- 750 ml Stillhouse Black Bourbon
- 7 g of cannabis Flower
- A grinder
- A hot plate or electric stove (never a gas stove or open flame)
- Microwave or oven
- Double boiler
- Mason jar
- In the microwave: Be sure to place the cannabis in the microwave with a lid. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Rotate the cannabis. Repeat three times. In the oven: Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the cannabis in a single layer on either a Pyrex tray or sheet of foil. Cover the cannabis tightly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Grind up your decarbed herbs into a mason jar and add bourbon (The ratio between cannabis and whiskey is dependent on what potency level you want to achieve. Fleming suggests 7 grams per 750 ml of Stillhouse Black bourbon.).
- Place the mason jar on top of the double boiler. Fill the bottom and top pans with water to cover the mason jar approximately half way. Do not allow direct heat and do not cover the mason jar to avoid hazardous pressure. Remember, no open flames and make sure the room is well-ventilated.
- Simmer lightly at around 160 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how concentrated you would like your infusion. Make sure your alcohol does not reach 170 degrees Fahrenheit (it will flame).
- Let the mixture cool and strain it through a fine mesh strainer lined with a cheesecloth. Then return it back to the 750 ml bottle along with the remaining alcohol.
Note: If you’d prefer to not use the boiler, there is another method that requires way less concentration, but way more patience. Simply choose your ratio (again, Fleming suggests 7 grams per 750 ml alcohol) and mix it in a mason jar, lid on. Put the mason jar in front of a sunny window and let the jar sit for at least 30 days. When time is up, strain your mixture through a cheesecloth-lined fine mesh strainer.
Founder & Interim Editor of L.A. Cannabis News